Motivational Speaking Events: Do They Improve Employee Engagement?
Successful organizations aren’t built by hard numbers and cold facts – they’re built through the dedication, commitment, and effort of their people. The hard numbers and cold facts are the result, not the cause. Without energized and engaged employees, no organization can truly reach its potential.
So how can you be sure your motivational speaking event will offer both the steak and the sizzle, and not just some temporary feel good factor? What factors do you look for to ensure your event succeeds in recharging, reinvigorating, and revitalizing your organization’s leaders, teams, and individual employees?
Consider these factors:
Last week for National Nurses Week, I travelled from Grande Prairie to Halifax recognizing the incredible difference healthcare professionals make EVERY day.
Sometimes I think we forget about the impact we have – especially when our efforts and successes aren’t acknowledged. It’s easy for employees, in all sorts of occupations, to lose motivation when they don’t feel like their work is making a difference or being noticed.
A 2015 study found that 89% of senior managers thought their company was good at employee recognition… but 30% of employees gave the company low marks to for achievement recognition. Organizations need to take the time to appreciate their employees!
- Being Listened To!
This month I also spoke to provincial union members who represent many different vocations from education to government services. They needed an infusion of positive energy to help lift their voices to be heard in the workplace.
Giving employees a voice in the workplace has a big impact on employee engagement. They feel better informed, more understood, and respected. Communication and employee involvement fosters engagement.
- Work-life Balance!
I will also be speaking to provincial employees this month who work in very stressful situations helping their clients. They have specifically requested a session on dealing with stress and learning techniques that they can apply to their personal lives.
When employees can reduce stress and achieve better balance in their lives, they will be more motivated and focused on the job.
- Embracing Change!
The pace of change continues to accelerate. As employees it is our choice to embrace the change that is all around us, rather than looking in the rear view as things pass us by. Encouraging people to adopt a positive mindset about change can make a huge difference in their outlook.
Motivational Speaking Improves Morale
Motivational speaking can help instill new perspectives and strategies to help employees better deal with their daily challenges and feel recognized for a job done well.
Just check out these quotes from the audience following one of my recent humorous motivational presentations. This is how I know my session resonated and improved morale!
- “We needed a reminder of what we do well.”
- “I feel like I can take on the challenges in my workplace with a new perspective.”
- “It felt so good to connect with colleagues who share similar challenges on a daily basis.”
- “I feel inspired to communicate with a more positive tone.”
- “I have some great ideas to take back to the workplace in terms of engaging the different generations.”
- “We loved the humorous approach to effective communication and understanding each other’s perspectives.”
Across the country, employees draw strength and inspiration when they are brought together to connect, be recognized, and learn new communication and coping strategies.
They leave feeling valued and empowered for the work that they do. What a fabulous way to improve employee engagement!
Meg Soper is a motivational humorist speaker who can help employees learn strategies to laugh, connect, engage, and get energized at work and in life. Get in touch with Meg today!
More posts? Bring it on!
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance in the Healthcare Industry
- Why Use Humor as a Motivational Tool in the Workplace?
- Generations & the Workplace: “Now Let’s All Just Get Along!”
- Meg’s Vlog: Making a Positive Impact - October 12, 2017
- 4 Small Steps to Help Educators Achieve Better Work-Life Balance - October 4, 2017
- Sign Up for “Creating Infinite Health” – A Free Online Symposium Featuring Meg Soper and Other Health Experts - September 20, 2017
- Meg’s Vlog: Leading by Example - September 14, 2017
- Personalities in the Workplace: The Toughest Nut to Crack - August 22, 2017
- Life as a Professional Motivational Speaker: Lessons Learned – Everyone Has a Story - August 3, 2017
- Life as a Professional Motivational Speaker – Lessons Learned - July 13, 2017
- Here’s to an AmEHzing Canada 150! - June 29, 2017
- Meg’s Vlog: Humour in Adversity - June 20, 2017
- In the Comfort Zone? Try Stepping Out! - May 2, 2017